Corporate & Commercial
The Firm provides a broad range of general business and corporate legal services, assisting clients in the structuring, negotiation and implementation of their business ventures. Our attorneys provide focused services in general corporate law and contract negotiation, compliance with securities laws and corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, competition/antitrust law, personal data and e-privacy, corporate finance etc.
We represent investment banking firms, commercial banks and large corporations, listed and non-listed, advising them on significant and complex transactions, including financing, acquisitions and restructuring. In addition, we work with private equity investors and start-up companies engaged in early stage financing as well as strategic joint ventures or other combinations.
General Corporate Law /Business Law / Contracting
We provide transactional and strategic advice to our corporate clients in connection with the entire range of challenges and opportunities they face. We prepare and successfully negotiate a wide range of contractual relationships for business clients, including asset and stock purchase agreements, distribution and licensing agreements, stockholders’ agreements, franchising agreements, and strategic alliances or joint ventures.
Among our corporate clients are companies listed on the Athens Exchange and multinational corporations investing in Greece and Southeastern Europe.
Our experience in this area includes the following highlights:
- We represent the European Commission and advise them on Greek and EU law.
- We advised a multinational company, being the world largest producer of printing inks and pigments, and a leading provider of materials to packaging, publication, coatings, plastics, cosmetics and other industrial markets on an important project (joint venture) with a Greek listed company in Greece and South-eastern Europe.
- We represent a world leading player, listed on the NYSE and operating throughout the world, including Greece, producing a broad range of branded generic pharmaceuticals, medical devices, diagnostics, and nutrition products. We have been retained by them and offer our advice on regulatory & compliance issues, distribution and sales.
- We represent the Greek subsidiary of a German group of production and marketing of industrial automation systems, on all their corporate and business matters, including issues related to banking financing and intercompany loans, strategic partnerships, restructuring, regulatory and employment issues, as well as drafting complex sales and distribution contracts.
- We represent a Greek marketing communication and public relations consultancy firm with a parallel presence in Cyprus, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia and Albania, with regard to its growth strategy, public tenders, business contracts etc.
- We represent a Greek distributor of computer peripherals, listed on the Athens Exchange.
- We represent a US pharmaceutical company, listed on the NYSE and operating throughout the world, including Greece, offering our advice on regulatory & compliance issues, distribution and sales.
- We represent a US based, Nasdaq listed company and solar energy facilities developer, on the acquisition and development of various photovoltaic projects in Greece.
- We represented a Greek pharmaceutical listed company with a significant international presence, including an R&D operation in the US, and we advised them on partnering, licensing and distributorship agreements for its products with multinational pharmaceutical companies around the world (US, Europe, Canada and elsewhere).
Securities Laws / Corporate Governance
We have experience assisting clients in listing equity and debt securities and we have participated in the structuring and implementation of the spin-offs of public companies.
The Firm represents major publicly listed corporations in a variety of corporate governance matters, including compliance with fiduciary duties, board composition, directors compensation and qualifications, executive and employee compensation, shareholders matters, strategic transactions, disclosure requirements, changes in control, financial reporting irregularities and crisis management.
Our experience in this area includes the following highlights:
- We advised a Greek investment services company in the conclusion of an agency and the granting of a permission by the Greek Capital Market Commission for the disposal in the Greek market of investment capital stakes managed by a foreign financial institution based in Luxemburg.
- We advised a Greek public company in a legal matter pertaining to the investment in a shipping company; we drafted a legal opinion which was accepted by the Athens Exchange and was published in the Greek Business Law Review (“DEE”).
- We advised a listed company on a rights issue, in which the total funds raised were €37 million.
- We advised a listed company on the sale of a majority stake of one of its subsidiaries to a company also listed on the Athens Exchange.
- We represented a Greek listed company in the acquisition of a majority block of shares in a company listed in the Cyprus Exchange.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Our M&A practice involves preparing documentation for and negotiating transactions for both publicly and privately held clients. Regardless of the size of the transaction, we understand and appreciate that the transaction is probably the most important event to the client at that time.
Our experience in the area includes the following highlights:
- We advise a multinational company, being the world largest producer of printing inks and pigments, and a leading provider of materials to packaging, publication, coatings, plastics, cosmetics and other industrial markets on an important project (joint venture) with a Greek listed company in Greece and South-eastern Europe.
- We represent a Nasdaq listed company, innovator in the field of photovoltaic energy, in the acquisition of a number of photovoltaic (PV) energy projects in Greece and Southeastern Europe.
- We represented a Japanese multinational company, innovator in the fields of energy and high technologies, in a number of acquisitions of renewable energy projects in Greece and Southeastern Europe.
- We advised a Greek public company in the acquisition of a majority stake in a company listed in the Cyprus Exchange.
- We advised a Greek distributor of computer peripherals in the acquisition of the local operation of a multinational, provider of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) solutions and services.
- We advised a Greek listed company in connection with the spin off and acquisition of an office automation systems operation in Greece.
- We represented one of the largest Internet Service Providers in Greece, in the acquisition of the majority stake of its shares.
- We represented the subsidiary of a German group of production and marketing of industrial automation systems, in public procurements.
- We represented a minority shareholder in the disposal of its stake in a company which has invested in a 60,000 sq.m. real property in Bucharest, Romania.