IT, Telecommunications & Internet
Information Technology & Telecommunications
We provide regulatory advice to clients engaged in IT and telecommunications, in relation to new product and business launches as well as acquisitions and dispositions. We have acquired extensive experience in representing purchasers and providers of information technology and telecommunications software, equipment and services over a broad spectrum of transactions.
Our experience in this area includes the following:
- We represent a number of multinational and Greek companies on their IT projects and agreements;
- We represent a high-end tech start-up, that has recently entered into a third round of seed capital investment and its post-investment assets are currently evaluated at 70M$;
- We represented one of the leading internet providers in Greece;
- We represented an e-commerce company belonging to one of the largest banking and financial Groups in Greece and Southeastern Europe;
- We advised a Greek IT company on the transfer of its SAP division to another company;
- We advised a multinational luxury-goods producer on a worldwide IT project;
- We acted as a subcontractor of a Greek IT company, in a contract awarded by the Greek Ministry of Transportation with regard to the restructuring of said Ministry’s organization, including the drafting of a Presidential Decree;
- We have acted as co-counsel for a Greek satellite telecommunications company in view of court litigation in Paris, France involving the purchase of space capacity from EUTELSAT (European Telecommunications Satellite Organization), which operates and monitors Europe’s regional satellite system.
Internet & E-commerce
Politis & Partners provides consultation to corporate clients regarding the management of their IP portfolio, on a national, a European, as well as an international level, from the planning and registration phases to the prosecution of defense of infringement actions and the commercial utilization of their IP rights through assignment and licensing agreements.
Our firm’s practice also covers the spectrum of internet and telecommunications, with services including the negotiation and drafting of computer and software contracts and technology and know-how transfer agreements, data protection and information security, acquisition, protection and renewal of domain names and the operation of e-commerce platforms.
We act on behalf of both private individuals such as prominent authors, actors, journalists etc. and companies from various industry sectors, such as clothing and accessories, other retail and consumer goods, food and beverages, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, hotel & leisure, electric and electronic equipment, media & entertainment, software development & IT, on a full spectrum of possible legal issues in connection with the protection of their IP rights in Greece.